Your Right to Know
September 9, 2021
Dear Parents/Legal Guardian:
In accordance with ESEA Section 1111(h) (6) PARENTS RIGHT-TO-KNOW, the North Bolivar Consolidated School District is notifying every parent of a student in a Title One school that you have the right and may request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teacher. This information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teacher includes, at a minimum, the following:
- Whether the teacher has not met State qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade level(s) and subject area(s) in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualifications or licensing criteria have been waived.
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
In addition to the information that parents may request, a school that receives funds under this part shall provide to each individual parent the following:
- Information on the achievement level of the parent's child on each of of the State Academic assessments is required; and
- Timely notice that the parent's child has been assigned, or has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks, by a teacher who is not highly qualified.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the superintendent's office at 662-339-3781 or Jorgell Jones at 662-398-2971.